Episode 6: Let's count Things!
Sorry for being a few days late with this week's episode but I was just so consumed with university, which started this week and loads of other cool things that popped up suddenly, which I hope I'll be able to tell you about really soon!
Anyhoo, considering how we have been talking about Sino-Korean and Native Korean counting systems for the past couple of weeks, I thought it would be fitting to talk about when do we actually use them in the every day life.
WHEN TO USE SINO-KOREAN NUMBERS:
1. Counting seconds and minutes
2. Telling months
3. Saying dates
4. Counting months, weeks, days, years.
7. Numbers of buildings and floors
8. Counting or talking about money
9. Telling temperature
WHEN TO USE NATIVE KOREAN NUMBERS:
1. Counting hours
2. Counting months and years (with exceptions)
2. Counting people and objects
3. Telling age
4. Describing how many times something has been done
Let me know if you have any questions!